Sign in to follow this  
hunter

What suspension?

I have a 2001 BMW 320i Sedan automatic, sports model, equipped with the OEM msport suspension, after 122,000 kms its feeling a little tired. I find the current damper rates ok if a little harsh at times (could be age related), it could be a touch more compliant at lower speeds. I don't mind going a little bit lower on the (factory 17â€) wheels, either.

I have been looking at some of the various options online and decided i dont really want to go the full on coil over route and i simply don't need that amount of adjustability. I'm thinking of either of the HR cup kits, sport vs touring.

has anyone had experience with these kits and can offer advice?

I also looked at KW suspension but looks like it's change to Weitec made by KW for the NZ market, and cant find any solid info on hows these set ups compare to each other.

Cheers

Ben

I also looked at KW suspension but looks like it's change to Weitec made by KW for the NZ market, and cant find any solid info on hows these set ups compare to each other.

Cheers

Ben

I've been told by a suspension store in Auckland that the Weitec equivalent of the KWV2 is the exact same product, just a different name.

Shocks are original OEM sports, as are springs. I suspect it's age and normal wear and tear, as they simply do not feel the same as when i bought the car.

Tyres are goodyear eagle F1 and are less than a year old,pressures are fine and checked regularly.

I have investigated options all over the market here in NZ and internationally. As I said there are a lot of options, and lots of opinions.

I called Stocks today they have some vogtlands just in that will lower the car similar to H&R but without the rake towards the rear, which is what I want, and think I will pair them up with Koni Str.t shocks (once they are back in stock)