Sign in to follow this  
shane525i

window washer nozzles

My 2002 e 39 has wires running to the washer nozzles in my bonnet, do any of you know what they do ? As there is only week pressure from them now and they don't seem blocked,plenty of water in res. Thanks shane

They are heated nozzles

Check your supply hoses are not crimped and try using a pin to check the jet vents. We use a jet drill and anvil to do this. The filter in the washer bottle could also be blocked or you might have a leak under the bonnet sound deadening

thanks for that.had never seen wires on washer jets before .I replaced the hoses as they had gone brittle and the pressure has come back .however the seems to be a leak in the top half of the reservoir looks like that tucked up behind the innerguard? Anyone know? Its a station wagon.

The washer pump will be leaking.... a common problem

And... blocked filter in the pump causing sh*t flow - another common problem

thanks chaps. do I access the washer by removing the inner guard?

Yes

So when is there power on the washer heaters? What switches them on? Now that it is winter here in Christchurch, I would be interested to know?

The original tubing does get brittle, but I found that clear plastic tubing from the Mitre10 garden section, with the ends heated in boiling water fits really well.

So when is there power on the washer heaters? What switches them on? Now that it is winter here in Christchurch, I would be interested to know?

The original tubing does get brittle, but I found that clear plastic tubing from the Mitre10 garden section, with the ends heated in boiling water fits really well.

also they sell the black mico irrigation pipe just heat the end with the wifes hair dryer, looks the same as factory

my guess is all the time

There is a thermal switch somewhere that activates them.