Sign in to follow this  
sierra9260

WTB M20 B25 Engine

Hi guys, looking around for a new engine for my e30. Preferably a B25. I currently have a tired old 2.0 that needs to come out as its never been running right. I would just like to replace it as it seems like a more economical option rather than replacing more gaskets and wasting more time and money on + I would rather a little more power too.

Just a few questions as I haven't really looked up anything about the swap yet, will the mounts be the same? If I get the cylinder block, sump, head, intake manifold will I need anything else? Or can I just plug everything back in from the stuff I already have? Cheers!!

Hi guys, looking around for a new engine for my e30. Preferably a B25. I currently have a tired old 2.0 that needs to come out as its never been running right. I would just like to replace it as it seems like a more economical option rather than replacing more gaskets and wasting more time and money on + I would rather a little more power too.

Just a few questions as I haven't really looked up anything about the swap yet, will the mounts be the same? If I get the cylinder block, sump, head, intake manifold will I need anything else? Or can I just plug everything back in from the stuff I already have? Cheers!!

Easy swap but depends on what you have currently, the very last of the 320i (1989/1990) had the motronic unit so it is just a straight swap

On earlier versions you need to swap all the motor electrics as well. Get a motor complete with as much as you can.

m20b20, m20b23 and m20b25 available, csll me if you get stuck

E34 m20's have different mounts ,etc so avoid them,

that's if you are buying a complete package to plug straight in and turn key

e30 m20, same mounts

Edited by JKSE

m20b20, m20b23 and m20b25 available, csll me if you get stuck

E34 m20's have different mount points so avoid them

e30 m20, same mounts

Yeah I had suspected I would be better off going with a motronic equipped unit as mine is an 88'. How much would you want for the M20B25 you have? Its good to know you're local