Sign in to follow this  
notsteve

Hey

Hi all, my name's not Steve, and I'm located in west Auckland

I'm Another BMW noob, which might surprise you less if you knew my previous car was a rotary.

I know this is probably sacrilege to some of you (if you haven't guessed, I'm a bit of a westy, lol), but I've recently bought an E30 with a Nissan straight six rb30e.

I've come here mainly to look for someone who has knowledge about this or a similar swap (I've heard sr20det conversions aren't as rare as I thought), or can put me in contact with someone else who does. Also part connections are always a good thing haha

I intend to use this car as my first drift car (which ill do legally), but also get it certified and road legal as it doesn't sit right with me that i can only take my car out on a trailer,

The challenge I'm facing right now is what to do about getting my speedometer and tacho to work, so ideas about that would be great

Think that's about everything

Thats good, didnt think it was steve...?

Swaps are fairly common here, but could count the non-BMW ones on one hand.

Why the RB30e? thats the anchor from a VL commodore isnt it?

Hi notsteve lol, Awsome to see another new E30 owner. Ive also got an E30 that is going to be used for track days and abit of drifting. Hope to see some pics of you car soon!