Sign in to follow this  
ikik3434

F10 engine noise...?

Hey guys, so I have the NZ new BMW 528i F10 model purchased from JC bmw two years ago.

I guess the problem is that my car is making a weird noise from an engine bay.

I heard this from 2~3 months ago, I took it to JC service more then 3 times just for this matter and they always seemed to fix it but after a day or so the sound would continue again... My service warranty is running out due this September and I was wondering what I can do about this...?

Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks.

Here I have recorded the sound myself and uploaded to Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf13QO3XB10

Did they tell you what they'd done each time they've repaired?

I'm sure someone on here can identify the noise, however, if I wasn't getting the service I required for a near-new car from the dealer, I'd be kicking up a major fuss. Take it someone like Glenn at Botany Motorworx (Forum sponsor) to identify the issue properly and then get the dealer to pay for the correct repairs under warranty.

Hey guys, so I have the NZ new BMW 528i F10 model purchased from JC bmw two years ago.

I guess the problem is that my car is making a weird noise from an engine bay.

I heard this from 2~3 months ago, I took it to JC service more then 3 times just for this matter and they always seemed to fix it but after a day or so the sound would continue again... My service warranty is running out due this September and I was wondering what I can do about this...?

Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks.

Here I have recorded the sound myself and uploaded to Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf13QO3XB10

Hmmmm thats very strange, sounds like a bearing in a pulley or something ... maybe they lubricate it then it dissipates after a few days. Make sure they fully fix it though :)