Sign in to follow this  
SRBMW

E30 Coupe race shell suit open series

Hey guys I'm buying an unfinshed project for the gearbox. Guy has fitted the m70 v12 and 6 speed gearbox with what looks like an e28/e34 rear end. It has been acid dipped and rollcaged however will need the main hoop changed as it's 38mm not the newer larger required size. The firewall has been recessed and boxed so an engine can be set back abit. The rear shock towers have been turreted for coilovers. Rego is on hold. I'm taking engine, diff, shocks, front uprights etc. So basically a caged shell. I'm unsure what it's worth so I'm sorry mods I can't put a price on this. Should have the car on hand in the next month so if you are interested please call.

Darren 0211645663

You might have to look at the firewall, to see what has been changed from the standard one, to see if it complies for the Open Class, this is from the regulations..

3.5 It is permissible to move the engine within the engine bay. However, it is not permissible to remove, cut or modify the factory firewall/bulkhead in order to move the engine rearwards in the chassis, even for low-volume models covered under section 3.7.

You might have to look at the firewall, to see what has been changed from the standard one, to see if it complies for the Open Class, this is from the regulations..

3.5 It is permissible to move the engine within the engine bay. However, it is not permissible to remove, cut or modify the factory firewall/bulkhead in order to move the engine rearwards in the chassis, even for low-volume models covered under section 3.7.

Ahhh I was hoping someone could clarify that. Well I geuss it would have to be used for another class or have it replaced!