Sign in to follow this  
Bonto

New Dunedin fulla - E28 525e manual

Hey all.

Got bored with being so damned sensible all the time so thought I'd buy something a little bit different and ended up with an E28 525e. A cruiser rather than a rocket but I've always liked the shape. No plans yet - just wait and see what trouble comes!

I want to do the cam belt and associated bits pretty soon just to be sure. Any tips? - I've done them on previous cars before so not completely new to it. Seems to be a bit of space in there which is a change from the usual.

Anyway. Cheers,

Tom

Hey Tom, is it the silvery blue one that was on trademe by any chance? Looked like a good buy if it was. Good to see anther local member aswell. Welcome.

M20 Timing belts are easy as pie.

be worth doing a few other bits and pieces too in there if you are planning on keeping that engine!

Hey Tom, is it the silvery blue one that was on trademe by any chance? Looked like a good buy if it was. Good to see anther local member aswell. Welcome.

Yup - that'd be it. I pick it up next week as it needed a ball joint for its wof and the seller is being damned decent about it and sorting out for me.

M20 Timing belts are easy as pie.

be worth doing a few other bits and pieces too in there if you are planning on keeping that engine!

Was thinking the seals and tensioner at least. Would look at the water pump and thermostat depending on price though it seems to be behaving very well on that front.

Any other advice gratefully received though!

Cheers.

Yeah you'd want to do the Timing belt, tensioner, camshaft and crankshaft seals and water pump at the same time.

Shouldn't cost too much.

Yeah you'd want to do the Timing belt, tensioner, camshaft and crankshaft seals and water pump at the same time.

Shouldn't cost too much.

Cheers cheers, yep all looks pretty affordable. Picked it up tonight - funny how noises are much louder and more ominous when you drive a new (old) car home! Think it might need a diff inside the next year.. but hopefully they're not too hard to find.

Otherwise, it goes pretty sweet.

Where did you get this car from?

it's not a silver kiwi new one from Invercargill is it?