Sign in to follow this  
UBH8N

Whole lot of things stoped working? help please?

So i was trying to get my reverse lights going, testing the power at the plug under the gear stick boot. All was good untill i took it for a drive a few hours later and found there was a problem with the speedo cluster and heater.

With the cluster the speedo reads fine, as it always has. The temp gauge compleatly dosnt move. Both the rev and fuel gauge go on and off when i move the wires under the gear stick boot, but the petrol only reads half of what it actually is. And the inspection light no longer illuminates.

Also the heater fan has stoped going on all settings, and the washer bottle light has came on even tho its full.

Dose anyone have any idea whats going on and how to fix?

i havent yet checked the fusses, not sure what ones to check, just going to do them all tomorrow.

Any input appreciated, will try to upload a video tonight, if not tomorow

89'E30 320i with m20b25 engine with stroker kit

I recommend you expose all the loom and look check for any shorts and make sure the the wires are connect to there plugs properly thats after you check all the fuses and relays ...

Edited by e30pete325

Video

They move when i poke at the two wires going in between the gear stick boot/gaiter

Take off all the center console and trace the wires looking for a wire thats exposed, crimped, rubbed through etc...I believe the diff speed sensor thing wires run up into the console where you're poking at stuff.

Tired :blink:

Fixed It!

Pulled these two wires through a bit more and found they had both rubbed through,

Posted Image

insulated them and replaced a blown fuse and all back to normal.

Thanks for the help guys ;)