Sign in to follow this  
325GRANT

stand-up (camber) kit for low E30's

i just got one of these from U.S for Clamp (smokinbaby) cost $150 landed.

we got it as a trial really to see if it was any good and worth the $$$.

they seem pretty good and work well.

you could maybe make your own, but for the money why bother.

link to camber kit

(cant link to kit, click BMW 3's E30 / suspension & steering / bottom of page 2)

as it says you may also want the toe adjust kit up to you. when you lower a E30 as well as wacking on a ton of camber it buggers the toe angle as well so standing it back up can only improve this anyway.

im going to bring another one in for me so if you want one let me know and ill add it to my order.

Edited by 325GRANT

so you can do this yourself? will be ordering some stuff from ireland anyway shortly....i have a spare subframe i would love to have adjustable camber on.....ive seen them, but i know you need to weld and sh*t and i cant yet! let me know what the deal is

holla

I'm definatly ordering some, getting the toe adjustment as well, not many people know but incorrect toe can cause really bad tire wear as well. I'm not sure how toe will be affected if you start playing with the camber.

Posted Image

Any engineering will be able to weld them up less than an hour no worries. Might be an idea to weld in some more strengthening brackets on the trailing arms like the M coupe has if you guys are going to track your E30's.

Whats the deal on certification with these kits? Just put em' on, paint the subframe and hope no-one notices? Lastly, any reason these wont work with urethane bushes?

Guest Andrew

I'm definatly ordering some, getting the toe adjustment as well, not many people know but incorrect toe can cause really bad tire wear as well. I'm not sure how toe will be affected if you start playing with the camber.

Posted Image

Any engineering will be able to weld them up less than an hour no worries. Might be an idea to weld in some more strengthening brackets on the trailing arms like the M coupe has if you guys are going to track your E30's.

Whats the deal on certification with these kits? Just put em' on, paint the subframe and hope no-one notices? Lastly, any reason these wont work with urethane bushes?

damn something is really wrong there - that looks horrible.

Are your shocks just REALLY poked with soft soft springs?

I know its bad, no-one can tell exactly why its though, all looks normal underneath. The subframe is bent from when my mate put it into the curb which is causing a bit more toe out but the camber is really bad on both sides, and was before curb.

Its not as bad as that at the moment, that was with 40mm springs, 20mm in there now. I'm running newish Boge Turbos (don't mock em, work plenty well enough for me). I've got new subframe ready for the bits to welded on to as soon as i'm back home.

Grant and I will offer a service to weld the adjusters on subframes. Must be clean and include return courier fee.

$75 incl new black 2k paint. (camber only)

$100 incl new black 2k paint. (camber and toe)

Local (lower north Island) Bimmersport members can also have a removal/fitting service provided.

$200 incl remove, weld, paint, install and new wheel alignment. (camber only)

$250 incl remove, weld, paint, install and new wheel alignment. (camber and toe)

Pick-up delivery extra

badass....ill whack them onto my next ireland order and get you to do them....sounds awesome guys

Grant and I will offer a service to weld the adjusters on subframes. Must be clean and include return courier fee.

$75 incl new black 2k paint. (camber only)

$100 incl new black 2k paint. (camber and toe)

Local (lower north Island) Bimmersport members can also have a removal/fitting service provided.

$200 incl remove, weld, paint, install and new wheel alignment. (camber only)

$250 incl remove, weld, paint, install and new wheel alignment. (camber and toe)

Pick-up delivery extra

Thats a dam good price guys, considering how much the W/A will set you back alone. Good on ya's.

Any ideas on certification yet?

Edited by petone

Any ideas on certification yet?

i dont think you would need to get a cert for it, it would take a pretty keen eye to pick up that its been done.

i will be ordering these tonight so if you want some let me know asap.

..mike, i have been quoted $50.56 usd freight for 3 sets (my one and your 2) are you happy to split this?

Edited by 325GRANT

yeah...let us know how warrant guys like it....ill wait a month or so ($$)

ill order mine with my springs...sounds like a bloody brilliant idea.

you might need a cert as your playing with vital suspension bits...otherwise just swap it every 6 months :unsure:

no point in swapping subframe every 6 months and getting another wheel alignment just for a warrent.

If you slotted the standard subframe and didn't weld on the adjusters then you are more likely to be knocked back on the warrent. With the adjusters on the car you can at least argue that it has come out of a USA spec'd 5 series. There will be no way they can call you on it (hard for you to prove as well) but at least they will have to give you the benifit of doubt.

I will ring a place I know today who are strict on warrents and voice it with them. The testing station guys would never pick it up as they are seem to give anything a warrent.

As an arguement point, if you own say a '91 Nissan Pulsar and put camber bolts in the front. Do you need a cert. Answer NO. What is the difference other than we are welding adjuster plates on. This DOES NOT compromise the strength or the ability of the subframe from performing it's spacific duty.

I'll post the outcome from my decussion later.

Sign in to follow this