Sign in to follow this  
kiwi6539

E36 318is Fiji Green

Hello

My cousin has decided to look at selling her car

Its a 1997, E36 ,318is, Manual, M sport, 4 Door, Fiji Green, 225k on the clock, full leather interior

Only a handfull of this 4 door version made it into NZ in the late 90s before Bmw put a stop to it. In the colours Green, Blue, Yellow. It was built in South Africa.

Im wanting to get idea of value. As this is a rare car been 4 door and the colour.

Full M Sport

Very tidy and always maintained. Loads of paper work. 2 lady owners since new as far as i know. Only flaw i Know of right now is preious owner cleaned the wheels a bit to much and paint is flaking off. Need to be refubished but not a huge job.

When last asked for values it was very broad. 5-9ish. I guess if car collector wanted it for collection would be worth the top dollar. But as always only worth what someone is willing to pay.

If anyone is potentally interested in viewing or contacting me PM me.

I cant seem to upload photos can anyone help with that?

All opinions on value welcome

Edited by kiwi6539

This is actually my favorite color on an E36 which is a shame not many other people agree with me. I would probably pay a fair good amount for one on lower kms. There is one similar to what you described on Trade Me at the moment but is NZ New and 205km for $4.5k which has been there for a few weeks, even though it does have altezza lights it does look to be in really good shape. So I would say around that mark I guess.

Hi. I agree I think it looks great in that colour.

Can you give me link of trademe number as there's no Fiji green e36 I can find.

Here you go

[url="http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=620721865"]http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=620721865[/ur

Hey cheers for that.

Can't believe someone would do that to a very rare model such as these. Those lights look rubbish and cheap. No pictures of condition of the interior. From what I know there were roughly 20 brought in via south Africa through Japan to nz new. That were never meant for nz market.

Thank you gives me an idea. Lights and the kind of owner might put a purists and collector off.

Yeah the lights are terrible and they haven't bothered to reply to my equirey about it so ill just leave that one haha

Never meant for NZ market? I have old Autocar magazines with 2 page spread advertising for them by BMWNZ, with a green one beside the touring car. Touted as the road going touring car ltd edition.

Never meant for NZ market? I have old Autocar magazines with 2 page spread advertising for them by BMWNZ, with a green one beside the touring car. Touted as the road going touring car ltd edition.

This is what I've been told by my mechanic who was doing apprenticeship at shelly bmw at the time they came into the country.

Once here had to sell them hence why advertised. They were brought in with our head of bmw knowing that's why there was a stop put to it. but also why there is only a few here in 4 door M Sport in the pastel colours. Green yellow blue. In NZ.

That just what I've been told no reason to believe otherwise.

Mmm fair call. There is also boston green, metallic mid blue and a shade of silver. 328i manuals were on offer in the same spec from SA

Mmm fair call. There is also boston green, metallic mid blue and a shade of silver. 328i manuals were on offer in the same spec from SA

Yeah. I think only under 20 got here. I think we're meant for Asia market as came from S. A To Japan then here.

Not sure but think a few 2 doors were sold here in similar colours. Just the 4 door M Sport is rare.

I have a database of them. To date I have 29 and there is more.

My girlfriend has a Avus Blue one and my Dads partner has a Dakar Yellow one.

The rarest colour I know of in NZ is Alpine White.

Also on my list is x4 Fiji Green examples.

These are the colours that I have on my database:

Cosmos Black

Avus Blue

Techno Violet

Dakar Yellow

Fiji Green

Alpine White

Arctic Sliver

Bright Red

Boston Green

Any change you could post a pic of the ad or add what month/year the ad is in?

I have a database of them. To date I have 29 and there is more.

My girlfriend has a Avus Blue one and my Dads partner has a Dakar Yellow one.

The rarest colour I know of in NZ is Alpine White.

Also on my list is x4 Fiji Green examples.

These are the colours that I have on my database:

Cosmos Black

Avus Blue

Techno Violet

Dakar Yellow

Fiji Green

Alpine White

Arctic Sliver

Bright Red

Boston Green

That's interesting thank you for the info. They would look great in alpine white

It will be up north in a shed sorry. Must have been a very altered photo, as the green was a much more attractive mid flat green.

May have been about 1997 and had a new generation red Honda Accord coupe on the cover. Either that, or a Silver Zender coupe.

Edited by nath