Sign in to follow this  
a13antichrist

Pre-purchase mechanical - where's the best place?

Pay the full price and get it at BMW - least then you can get an idea of how much its gonna need repaired and they may even giev you a cost summary.

I foudn hte AA werent to my liking after a few of there inspections. Complaints were made.

$125 from Jerrys

$112+GST from Team Maccas i think

check your locals.

Edited by E30stz

My locals are in Wgtn ;) I have no idea what the story is in Auckland.. Here I would get Page European to do it.. they charge 90 & that's where I get all my servicing done too.

YEah probab;y should have mentioned that the car is in Auckland whereas I'm in Wgtn.. so I need someone who will know the thing inside out & will be able to tell me everything that's going on with it. :)

Edited by a13antichrist

i got my 535 checked at Jerrys(i think) quite thorough...shelleys also checked one for me and even listed the price of parts they felt needed replacing.....

I was going to get mine done at Jerry Claytons - until the guy realised that the car was owned by one of their employees and refused to do it for conflict of interest reasons. They recommended BMWorkshop, who did a pretty good job - no problems in the first year that I didn't know about.

I recommend guido at bmworkshop.

Speak.

I got mine done at Jerry Clayton (haha jerry/german), was good, but i feel bmworkshop would have been better.

i took my first one to Bavarian....they were ok, but seemed to focus on silly little things like missing trim pieces....i spose it was me too being young and stupid.

did my other two myself.....most of the stuff you can actually spot is easy to DIY if you know what to look for...the biggest thing is rust....you cant really go ripping up everyones carpet and trim bits easily...sometimes it takes a leap of faith

i took my first one to Bavarian....they were ok, but seemed to focus on silly little things like missing trim pieces....i spose it was me too being young and stupid.

did my other two myself.....most of the stuff you can actually spot is easy to DIY if you know what to look for...the biggest thing is rust....you cant really go ripping up everyones carpet and trim bits easily...sometimes it takes a leap of faith

Don't suppose for a fee I could tempt you to spend some of your free time checking out a 97 328 on the North Shore? :) It's got full history so I'm not too concerned with doing a full inspection.. plus I've had a chat to the guy & he seems like the sorta guy who should be on here too.. heh.. :)

what free time? :(

haha the earliest would be next weekend....the fun life of a uni student

email me at angus@bimmersport.co.nz and let me know what the deal is, should be able to sort something out

Don't suppose for a fee I could tempt you to spend some of your free time checking out a 97 328 on the North Shore? :) It's got full history so I'm not too concerned with doing a full inspection.. plus I've had a chat to the guy & he seems like the sorta guy who should be on here too.. heh.. :)
Where on the shore is it ?

Guest Andrew

I don't know.. didn't ask since I don't know Auckland at all...

BTW, Gus YGM :)

I know where the vehicle is and have driven it - I assume you mean the black 328 at voyager?