Sign in to follow this  
cliffdunedin

PBR AXXIS vs Posi-Quiet brake pads?

I have used the AXXIS pads before on my e36 and found them very good and ultra low dust, has anyone tried the Posi Quiet ones or even both and can compare any difference? Dust from the OEM pads are driving me nuts :blink:

I put Posi Quiet pads on my old 528i. I thought they were pretty good. Virtually zero dust - went from weekly wheel cleaning with OE pads to cursory wash and wipe every couple of months!

Don't think performance was quite as good as OE though, I guess you're always going to sacrifice a bit of bite to save on dust but they were certainly acceptable and safe for normal driving conditions. Wouldn't put them on a car if you're pushing it though.

Yeah, reviews i've read about both put them pretty similar in performance, dust etc , how about the wear on the posi quiets?

i run the AXXIS on my M5. similar if not better than OEM performance without the dust.

wont run anything else now.

Yeah, reviews i've read about both put them pretty similar in performance, dust etc , how about the wear on the posi quiets?

Didn't keep the car long enough to be able to comment, sorry.

EDIT: If the AXXIS pads work well on Darren's M5 with low dust. I'd say go with those.

Edited by jeffbebe