Sign in to follow this  
E30_318i

some German muscle

The E34 is like a sports car in comparison, and f**king pleasure to thrash after driving the Benz.

So the E34 goes into the destructive hands of my mother when its not being driven. Getting resprayed and maybe some rust taken out at the end of the year tho. Probably a waste of money after looking at all the 535 manuals on trade me haha.

post-9-1127299101.jpg

Yes I seriously considered an E32 750iL, but all the bad sh*t I read about them on the internet put me off em. I think only Martyn was the only person to say something good haha. And the fact that E32s won't have the same sort of 'classic' status as these kind of Mercedes. An E24 would probably be a closer match in that regard, too expensive for me tho.

post-9-1127299435.jpg

new wheels and clear indicators on the merc and it will updated it awesome.

the merc is badass.....sack it out on some black 18's, tints, fully stripped interior and go round owning sh*t

straight line speed is badass

Take it down the 1/4. Dyno it too.

Looks good. Fuel economy not so great though.

How heavy is it? That's a big motor on the front.

Take it down the 1/4. Dyno it too.

Looks good. Fuel economy not so great though.

How heavy is it? That's a big motor on the front.

Will do. I'm in Auckland next year and will probably take the Merc up. You want to run against it?

Its not that quick off the line, but it doesn't shine until 4000rpm. Once moving in 2nd and 3rd gear, not a lot will touch it, for 1988 anyway. Similar power charastics to vt@c, ohh, but it has good low down TORQUE haha.

Well, if you do beat me down the strip, I'll clean up the burnout comp, considering my drivetrain can handle it :mosh:

Weighs in at 1.8 tonne, light these days, about the same as a new Falcon :wacko:

Nah, not even considering 'sacking it on 18s'. I can't afford to, and if I wanted a sh*t ride quality (in comparison), I would have bought an M325 or Porsche 944 etc. ;)

I'll be in. Mine will handle the burnout, just my wallet doesn't like the bill.

I'll have to see, I might need to get it lit up to warm up the R rubber.

I'll look forward to a luxo-barge race.