Sign in to follow this  
danutt

vanos seal DIY

checked the whole write up on besein systems for the vanos replacement, they show a locking block needed for the rear of the cam shafts?

i got my seals on order anyone keen to help me out if i can borrow(will pay rent ) what they used to lock the rear camshafts?

cam sproket turning tool im sure its easy enough to jimmy or ply with something else carefully but the locking blocks seem important

thanks in advance

Hi there.

Yes you need to get the cams spot on other wise you will get a vanos out of alignment error.

You can hire these tools for $140 including shipping and GST in NZ.

I have just bought the complete set direct from HCB and also bought the vanos press and special picks from Raj at Besein all for roughly $400 landed all up which was a steal but still a lot for one job... :)

I'd be happy to hire them out to discerning and skilled operators to help pay for the outlay... After I have finished mine that is! (Working on it now)

Note: These are for the MT62 V8 not the 6er. See attached photo.post-16081-0-47188400-1381301445_thumb.j

All the best

Jason

Edited by Flow

oh nice set mate ... i need the lock blocks for the camshafts on the inline 6 unfortunately, unsure whether or not eh camshaft locks from your set would work??

where did you rent them from?or where can i?

I've got a set for the 6 cylinder

Sent you a PM

Edited by Thorburn

appreciate the offer bro but thorburn has been kind enough to rent me his thanks though mate...always wanted to do a vanos...strange comment i know but it is a slightly facinating system haha