Sign in to follow this  
JoeSegall

What's the best service & repair center in Dunedin?

What's the best place to go for E38 servicing, repairs and general maintenance in Dunedin?

Edited by JoeSegall

European auto services, in kakorai, or KG Mcleods in Anderson's bay.

Is there anything in particular you want done?

Edited by antil33t

For future reference when doing service or wof - and some niggly stuff like constant coolant level messages and driver's door not unlocking.

Thanks for the info.

Yea willy at euro autos would be your man. He's pretty good with the older stuff.

For future reference when doing service or wof - and some niggly stuff like constant coolant level messages and driver's door not unlocking.

Thanks for the info.

Coolant Level messages is literally a 30 minute fix. Paul from Milland sells the sensor for around $50 with shipping (the floats fail, or the sensor takes in water)... and takes about 15min to install.. the hardest part is waiting for the car to cool down.

Drivers door not unlocking, I take it that is with a remote? or is that with the key? Possibly the small lock motor has failed. - If you plan to keep the car get a new one, if not they are not really that cheap second hand and can't be guaranteed... Some people have had luck replacing the small motors inside the units.. I have not had any to try that with yet.

Negative for me on Euro Auto Services, used him three times and all occasions ended very badly.

Yea willy at euro autos would be your man. He's pretty good with the older stuff.

Yeah, I thought as much, the cars I sent him were the CLK (was newish in those days) the E90 and my ML 320 CDI.

Goto Alan from KG McLeod, a little pricey but he always knows whats wrong, usually knows what the problem is prior to starting on it!

Edited by The Diesel Guy