Sign in to follow this  
Tidy30

WTB: E30 Tech1 Spoiler

As per the title, I am currently looking for an E30 Tech1 spoiler. It is item 5 assembly in the image below:

NTM2M19w.png

I know it's pretty unlikely, but I thought the same with my E30 vert which I found through posting on this forum anyway!

Going to the States mid Nov, with the exchange rate as it is I might try to pick it up while I'm there!

Thank you.

Thanks to David/Silver Fox, I have now got myself an actual tech 1 spoiler! The panel has been primed, painted and is awaiting a couple of clearcoats before I attempt to mount it next weekend.

Ha, thanks again Bimmersport forums!

Edited by tidyverty

Put up some pics of the finished article please...

Put up some pics of the finished article please...

yeah, with the nice new windscreen trim too........

Will do when it's all together! I had a big cleaning and painting marathon yesterday, then I had a 2 hour sobbing session when the clearcoat decided to spit a pretty visible blob onto my nice, 3 coat, immaculate paint.

Already had to strip all the paint off the first time when a couple of friendly bugs decided they wanted to bury themselves in the fresh cirrusblau, so I was pretty sad when the second clearcoat decided to just skim my finger and form a speck to fall nicely into the outgoing spray.

Unfortunately unlike paint, I can't just spray more coats of clearcoat to try and hide the clearcoat drop... I'll try it a few times though!

Big thanks to Chris for the chrome windscreen trim. I'm going downstairs to check with our reception girl just about every hour to see if it's arrived. Still waiting!

Hopefully will get these mods done during the long weekend, but it's looking like work is going to have something to say about that!

You should be able to "cut" the blob out of the clearcoat using a fine cutting compound and buffer if you are careful, then a quick blow over the top and it would be all good, save taking the whole lot off and starting again.

I have been contemplating buying some 1800 grit sandpaper and giving it a go. I am quite skeptical of this idea as I've tried with 1000 on another project and the final part was quite cloudy.

Doesn't help that the clearcoat is a laquer, relatively "soft" and takes a bit of time to go off properly. :(

I was thinking more along the lines of a cutting paste, as in a "cut and polish", rather than even a very fine sandpaper.