Sign in to follow this  
nzjono

1987 BMW 525ee $3500

Hey guys,

I've decided that since I don't drive it that much anymore, it should really go to someone who can make the most of it!

Make / Model: BMW 525ee

Year: 1987

Mileage: 242,XXX

I'm after $3500 at this stage for it

I bought this back in June and have only used it a couple of times a week (at most) and have been very impressed. Have used it for a couple of trips up north (Rotorua / Hawkes Bay) and haven't had any issues!

In the way of exterior / interior condition, it is very clean and tidy! The only things worth mentioning are:

- Rip in drivers seat - Could easily be repaired at trade price by professional upholster (was planning on getting this sorted at some stage)

- Glove box missing - Could reattach the existing glovebox but there is some damage around the handle / locking mechanism as it was jammed shut

- Dent on right rear guard - Once again, something I've considered fixing but nothing significant

- Paint on bonnet is a little faded in parts

- Front plastic around number plate broken - Would be easy enough to rectify

Mechanically, I haven't had any real issues with the car at all. When I purchased it back in June I had it fully looked over by First Class European who said it was a very clean car that'd obviously been very well maintained. At the same time, I had them service it as well. May have to flush coolant / trans sometime in the not too distant future.

The only real issue I've had with the vehicle is the cluster - Since owning it, the cluster has been playing up quite a bit. The speedo and odometer work perfectly fine but the temp gauge / petrol gauge / tachometer only work sometimes! I have been told that it's most likely an issue with the cluster itself

Has a fresh WOF + registration till half way through 2014.

New bluetooth Pioneer headunit with new front + rear speakers as well - Nice sound

Will add a few more details to the listing when I get a chance. Just thought I'd throw this up to see if there was any interest! Not in a huge rush to sell either :)

1025757_10151795213960625_867194535_o_zp

null_zps63ca9d04.jpg

DSCN1496Medium_zps245943da.jpg

DSCN1497Medium_zpsb2fa67e9.jpg

DSCN1466Medium_zpsdbe0a144.jpg

• Like 1