Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Powerflex control arm bushes

50 quid from UK shipped over here

increase castor

two thumbs up....may post additional reviews after track tomorrow....but very impressed...much improved over my disentegrating old ones

seemed to get rid of a lot of understeer, and more stable at speed. self centering seems to be stronger

www.powerflex.co.uk

I need some for my disintegrating old ones too.... will be interested in your review.

BTW Gus, do you have power steering? Increased castor normally weights up the steering... my M325i doesn't have so possibly have to order some extra muscles with the bushes... :o

Edited by topless

track time

i do have PS, it does weight up the steering, but is hardly noticeable. non PS rules!

I need to get some of these as well so if someone wanted to order a few sets to save on freight let me know. I don't have PS but i reckon at highway speeds the steering is too light anyway.

track was good

understeer felt good.....my main issue before at the hairpin was virtually nil

still experiencing some slight (much slighter than before) understeer at high speed, but its nice to have that safety margin. playing around with sways will probably alter the proportion of front and rear, so might do that some day (will see how andys go first)

feels much more stable under braking (i think a lot of what i noticed was due to one of my old ones being supremely buggered, was able to pull the lollipop off with my hands

its not that expensive (50 quid being probably around 140ish, cheaper than stock new ones i imagine) and good!

Sounds like I really do need some, wouldn't be surprised if mine are original. Steering wheel shakes when I brake, not a nice feeling. (Its not rotors BTW). Anyway I'll start a thread in group buys if anyone else is keen to get some.