Sign in to follow this  
Viking

M60, Tranny & ECU

Anyone seen any of these in NZ and what $$ they go for?

High K's wouldnt matter.

I'm after the gear necessary to do a E34 525i to 540i conversion. But never seen one wrecked in NZ?

Yikes $3.5k for a gearbox :(

Bout on par with what I've found tho.

Sucks for me. I wanted to retain as much of the OBC sensors for brakes & coolant as possbile, but I might just have to dump the Lexus 4L v8 in there :(

Damn. There was an E39 540 6 spd manual that was hammered (like the car had crashed) for sale on TM about 2 months ago. Of course this is useless info but i'll keep an eye out for ya.

Edit: Look here

Edited by BMW POWER

Yea thats starting to look a bit better, if it comes with the ECU & loom also.

A good lexus one will go for $3k complete, but the fabrication costs of fitting wll be bout the rest to make it up to $5k.

tough call :)

What about getting a 750 engine, as theres alot going aroudn lately and the whole cars are about $3-4000. Suppose your not going for hte whole 5L 12 cylinder car :(

Edited by E30stz

it has been done,but the 4L swap will be easier as the factory has done it so if yo get the right bits its all good

go the 1UZ. much better after market and more powerful?correct if im wrong. plus try find an M60 5 spd

go the 1UZ. much better after market and more powerful?correct if im wrong. plus try find an M60 5 spd

The 1UZ is less powerful and less torqy, by about 30hp, but thats easily fixable with new cams and individual throttle boddies on the 1UZ. ITB setup only costs $1000NZD :D

http://lextreme.com/video/1uzferev.avi

Edited by Viking

Does anyone know what sort of cost it is to get custom engine mounts & exhaust headders done? This is not including connecting anything up or ripping the engine out, purely the mounting part.

How deep are your pockets?

Expensive project unless you can do alot of the work yourself.