Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Computer infections

Its looking like I've got same problem Glenn - been ok until today.............I got locked outa my account too, been sending invoices & pics fine until today........

Now starting scan process too.............

Queer queer queer needle-d1cked spamming ba$tards............... :(:( not happy, as I struggle with computers at the best of times!!!!

Primo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fixed it, thanks to the great advice in here - cheers guys, big thumbs-up to ya!!! Norton found a bit of stuff, but didn't fix it, Malaware download, & then scan / delete threats fixed it. Took ages to do the scan though, but end result well worth it. ;):):):)

I did too mate, you just do better @ speeeling than me, particulary if theres bourbon flavoured Fanta involved at this end............. :rolleyes:

A good reminder to have stuff backed up. My work laptop got hit by Cryptolocker a couple of weeks back. First thing I knew was the thing on screen telling me that my drive was now encrypted and they would unencrypt for a bitcoin or US$300.

First time in 20 years of computing I've ever seen a 'real' destructive virus. I lost the whole lot. 99% of files were encrypted and locked. I don't remember opening an attachment but must have, some of those spams are damn good (and very similar to genuine emails I get sent).

You have to wonder, due to buy out by large US corporate they were transitioning servers. No spam filter (ie. 40+ spam a day), no anti-virus software on laptop (WTF?) and no backup system in place. Asking for it. Thankfully nothing completely irreplaceable, just a hassle.

Richard

I'm now buying this for 3 computers, 2 work & 1 home:

http://www.novastor.com/en/software/windows-backup

And two of these, because they will fit in my fireproof safe:

http://www.pbtech.co.nz/index.php?z=p&p=HDDHIT6100&name=Hitachi-1TB-2.5-Touro-Mobile-USB-3.0-External-HDD

I think Xtra has got a lot to answer for, in amongst it..............they were so keen to switch us all to the tie up with Yahoo when they did............ :(

• Like 1