Sign in to follow this  
Philip

e36 coupe window reg issues

Hi, My drivers window had been intermittent for the last few weeks, working somethings, not other time, then one time it came to a halt, about a quarter of the way up, and wouldn't move again.

When i pressed the button i would hear 1 audible 'click' from the motor, but nothing happens then.

I replaced the motor with one from the scrapyard and greased all channels, everything was free flowing. fitting everything to the door and the window went all the way up and down a few times, but would not learn where top and bottom were.

after a few ups and downs the new motor stopped a quarter of the way up again, and again is dead , other that 1 click upon pressing the button.

Would this issue be something else other than the motor/reg?

I've swapped the switch too to no avail.

any ideas on where to get a motor/reg if i require it?

also check the door jam switch as these wear out and the control box wont know if you door is closed or not

so when you push and hold the micro switch in with your hand , door is open , window should go up a bit , then use the window switch button to make it go all the way to the top,

key needs to be on ,

when you release the micro switch the window should drop down a bit to allow the door to be opened etc.

the tip of the micro switch wears down with use , compare it to the left hand side.

or maybe you just got a faulty motor unit

Possibly got another faulty motor... Just fitted a spare battery I had directly to the motor and it was the same, 1 click, and nothing else.

Do you have any motors for sale?.... Which are definitely working

Possibly got another faulty motor... Just fitted a spare battery I had directly to the motor and it was the same, 1 click, and nothing else.

Do you have any motors for sale?.... Which are definitely working

yes

brent@bmworld.co.nz

papakura