Sign in to follow this  
///MPROVD

E36 m3 starting issues please help

So here's the low down the car has an s50b30 non ews the car is a 1996 ews 328 car has been running fine until recently I've had troubles with the car starting the car cranks but will not start the car occasional when I'm driving sometimes what seems like starving for fuel but today i investigated the problem while the car would not start i found that

The fuel pump was not powered or primed on start up i powered pump externally but still nothing.

Fuel filter is clean and clear

I then came to the conclusion that the fault was electrical I assumed ews although the car was cranking is must have accepted the chip which is a match for the old engine and the s50 does not require ews to run

I connected my scanner the ecu scan showed an dwa (anti theft system) and to check the the dwa error. So when I scanned the dwa module it did not respond which I assume it was none existing. I cleared all memory and car starts and runs but i assumed that was it so when I went to start it again and same happened.

I reconnected the scanner and same fault occurred I scanned both dwa and ews modules ews said it was fine and dwa did not respond I cleared memory again and again it started I took it for a drive stopped at my destination and it would not start I turned it on and off twice and bam fired up i drove it home when I put the power on the car temporarily missed or starved only for a second.

Please help me any ideas would be much appreciated id be happy to buy someone a beer or two to help me out I'm located in te atatu my cell is 02102731873

Cheers guys.

It's getting worse now cant start the car at all now its deffintly electrical something is preventing spark or injection it could be this dwa system I have no idea where its located or even if the car has it ive tried disconnecting modules the only modules I could think of whould be zkm but I tried unpluging it but still nothing also the abs light has come up and im not sure why I hope the cranking has no damaged it