Sign in to follow this  
M3_Power

s54 Vanos pump disc redrill & hub treatment? Where in NZ?

Okay, those that have followed the Vanos issue with the s54 will understand what this is all about.

So I have a perfect condition spare vanos unit which I am about to strengthen and put away for a rainy day and I have been thinking ... rather than buying stuff from Beisan and the likes of Dr Vanos (or Turbotoy) and spend a fortune (US$300+shipping for a redrilled oil pump disc and US$700+shipping for a turbotoy hub) why can't something like this be done locally? And perhaps if we get enough owners a group discount could be had maybe?? Also supporting local industry??

The oil pump disc simply has another pair of holes drilled that's undersized by 0.6mm to the existing holes and the hub I suppose could be Cryo treated locally like the Dr Vanos hub (which is US$950+GST).

Hoping for knowledgeable members to chime in on which local business might be capable of doing this without stuffing it up? Or whether this might be a bad idea to try and attempt here locally??

Mods - apologies if this is in the wrong forum!

Beisan oil pump disc:

bs025_large.jpg

Dr Vanos Cryo treated hub

s54_hub_lg.jpg

Turbotoy hub:

c300_hub_lg.jpg

Edited by M3_Power

I did quite a bit of research on cryo treatment and found a company who could do it. Put politefully they told me the so called benefit is bullshit and a waste of money.

If you have a broken hub I can get it repaired with bigger lugs. $300 plus GST and freight.

I did quite a bit of research on cryo treatment and found a company who could do it. Put politefully they told me the so called benefit is bullshit and a waste of money.

If you have a broken hub I can get it repaired with bigger lugs. $300 plus GST and freight.

I've been skeptical about the cryo treatment myself ... good to hear some feedback about it. Having said that however, it is my understanding that none of the cryo treated hubs from dr Vanos have failed - even in race applications.

Mine aren't broken - this is just a spare I have that I've decided to strengthen. Do you mind posting a photo of the broken tab repair and how it is done? Curious to see what the local solutions are to this issue.