Sign in to follow this  
kiwi328i

530i/540i E34 or E39 powersteering pump

If someone has a decent one out of a car that hasn't been to the moon and back and is under $100.00 within Auckland, I will be keen.

I think my car has a very worn one, doesn't like to self centre so much as lean over. It's stuffing up the alignment. I wanna have a go comparing it and replacing it to see if that makes a change.

I am guessing later, and less mileage the better? Apparently they are all the same part number from what I have googled. I could be wrong.

For what its worth I have a E34 1993 530i manual, I don't think it should. My car has done nearly 197k miles, and I have a feeling its the steering pump.

Please text me 0211503550. I live out West Auckland closer the better obviously.

Ray if you have a good one though I don't mind driving out there so much to look at the other goodies you have out Silverdale :huh:

Cheers

v8 type?? or 6cyl as they are all different

Hi Brent,

as above "E34 1993 530i manual" therefore it's a V8. But I believe a V8 powered E39 should do the trick too. As I cant really tell the wear on such an item, I would be inclined to go for the pump with the less amount of miles and from the most modern car?

Cheers