Sign in to follow this  
euroriffic

E46 coolent light stays on

So after replacing most the cooling system I have noticed the low coolent light has been staying on, so brought a new sensor by its still on and Coolent level is fine. Any ideas why it's still on? Checked wiring me doesn't seem to be a damage to it...

So after replacing most the cooling system I have noticed the low coolent light has been staying on, so brought a new sensor by its still on and Coolent level is fine. Any ideas why it's still on? Checked wiring me doesn't seem to be a damage to it...

If it's not the wiring from the switch it can only be a fault in the instrument cluster. The brown/white wire from the switch goes to pin 26 (the emitter of a transistor) of the control module.

Oh yea? When it was delivered here it was fine, but since doing cooling system it has come on so wouldn't of thought it would be the cluster. Might have to take it to the steer for a scan and see what's going on