Sign in to follow this  
ipwnyou

2.5L E30 Compatable Engine

Since my last offer for a 2.5L engine fell though, as the compression on the chambers were completly crap, im looking for another engine. I would prefer a 325 engine, as it would fit better and require less parts - but i suppose as long as everything can be provided, it wouldnt matter.

Since my 316 manual gearbox isnt compatable with a 2.5 i'm also looking for a manual that will fit. Basically, if I cant find a manual box, im not converting. I cant stand autos.

I also need rear disk breaks (I have drums), a new Diff, and I think a new driveshaft. I know from my previous post that some of you have exactly what i need :)

If you have any of these parts can you pm me with the part description and your price. I would consider purchasing a wreck, or likewise.

Thanks.

Guest Andrew

Gus has the motor - perhaps still for sale.

You can't just bolt on rear calipers and discs. You need to change the whole trailing arm - again - easy to find.

Would recommend buying a manual 325.

ive got most things apart from a box and driveshaft

however im tempted to keep the stuff for future projects, plus i wouldnt want to part with stuff cheap, so the easiest solution is to get a wrecked 5spd 325i. they go normally <1000 at wreckers if you can find one.

if your not in any rush, hang out for a decent deal to come your way....no point in rushing things if you have no need.

i have a good 2.5L M20 froma 89 525i e34 . done 160000km . have all the goodies to make it work.

021433600 or 2997389