Sign in to follow this  
Brad1138

will these fit my e36

Should do, except not only will tyres cost a lot, but you will sacrifice a lot of handling and ride comfort. !7's for go, 18s for show, 19's dont.

youll get the 8's on .. dont count on the 9.5s with out doing some wide body work

8's = 225 x 19 .. wont cost that much however they are e46 wheels the advertised 8 inch doesnt sound right .. I would say they are 8.5's as staggered setups are sold in 8.5, 9.5 sets for the M3 ..

9.5 = 19x 265 are expensive

Edited by hybrid

19's will mean potholes will own you. Especially with the one developing constantly on the motorway onramp (which got filled in like a week ago after having the diameter of like half a meter, and being like 30cm deep... Another one developign at symonds street intersection.. making good progress.. :lol:

Damn thats so tempting to get ... reckon it'll fit on my compact no worries ??

ahh riding 19s qith 30 profile aint all that bad .... you only have to just avoid/take it easy on: Manhole covers, potholes, big cats eyes, driveways, judderbars, cattlestops, rocks, gravel roads, roadworks, open road shoulders, curbs and erm ... I think thats about it. :D

people look at me weird driving down the road avoiding manhole covers ...

Damn thats so tempting to get ... reckon it'll fit on my compact no worries ??

yeap all in the offset ... seeing as they are purpose design for e46 .. you'd be sweet Edited by hybrid

Depends on the offset ... if they are modelled for the M3 they are setup for a gaurd that can handle a 10inch rim. e46 M3's have a slightly wider track than the non M3s.

For e36 owners, Im pretty sure the most you can run is a 245 / 8.5inch rim on the rear.

This is a Pic of the wheels on trade me on a '00 m3

Posted Image

For the front you'll be fine but it is possible you may need to roll the back... check my gaurds out, I'm running a 9.5 rim on the back with a 42 offset (m3 offset).. should be running 38 :/ dam shop stuffed up. In this photo you can see how close I run. The main problem is the bolt where the bumper connects to the fender (under the gaurd) and the top lip of the gaurd (which needs to be flared a little) get it done professionally as they know how to do it without cracking your paint.

Posted Image

Oh all this info is also based on if your thinking about running super low springs or adjustable coil overs. Which I highly recommend, else your car is gonna A) look too high due to an 19inch wheel increasing the appearance of wheel size (bigger wheel smaller tire height) and B ) Lowering the center of gravity which is really important running a staggered wheel setup so you don't get teh understeer awww (235 and 265 tires).

hope this helps

Edited by hybrid