Sign in to follow this  
JJohnsen88

Help! E36 Not fueling

So today I went to locate the comfort relay because the sunroof will not work at all now (used to work occasionally) and the passenger window plays up going down when in drive quite often often and always when I'm in reverse and it's really starting to piss me off, so pulled out glove box pretty sure I found it, blue one with red/red yellow and another wire coming out of it. Pulled it out opened it up to inspect solder condition, it looked fine, windows worked with it out, sunroof still didn't but the car started and ran fine. Decided to check fuses under bonet so started pulling them out one by one, majority of which are still the factory ones which aren't transparent and look typical of shoddy german engineering, noticed a 15A fuse (which was new transparent type) was blown so replaced it went to start the car it ran for about a second until the leftover fuel was burnt then died now won't fuel at all. I pulled out a number of fuses checking them and the car has a Mongoose M60 (pre 2009) alarm so I'm thinking maybe pulling out a fuse triggered an immobiliser function in the alarm. Used a current tester where the fuel pump is located under rear seat with the ignition in the On position which should show if it had power to it from having to prime the pump before cranking, touched all 4 wires on the drivers side and the other 2 on the passenger side but no power. Have called Mongoose about it just waiting to hear back from them. Anyone else got any suggestions? Alarm has a battery back-up so I highly doubt disconnecting battery would help.

Edited by JJohnsen88

Problem solved...Just heard back from Mongoose, ran through a way to bypass the alarm and stuff but no luck, should be a fuse. Googled a E36 fuse diagram turns out fuse 18 (Fuel Pump) wasn't quite pushed in properly it maybe moved 1mm into it's connector now the car starts, on the plus side I found the fuse for my rear fog lights which never worked, light on the dash turns on for them signalling the have power. Oh I love electrical issues

Edited by JJohnsen88

Don't ya hate it when it's a simple overlooked issue?