Sign in to follow this  
Mr2low

Anycar link e39 issue

My anycar link turned up today with the harnes that is designed to go into the radio unit behind the back seat installed as per instructions unit won't power up any one had experience with one of these

Yep, there are two slots for the power cable plug in the harness as the CD usually runs from the rear via the radio module to the front monitor. Swap the power plug to the other slot and away you go. Had the same issue with my iPod kit.

Yeah tried both and as the plug can go in either way tried all possible options gonna take the multimeter to it tonight see if I'm getting power anywhere

Sounds stupid but did you try pushing the plug all the way? I found on mine that if you just relied on the main harness 17pin adapter to clip everything in place it left the power plug sticking out a wee bit and it worked when pushed in a little further.

Yeah just been going over it with multimeter too only way I can get it to do anything is to change the 4 pin switches to alpine m bus then it makes my screen go white lol but the blue power light on the anycar flashes not doing that again. Lucky I have another radio module its a jap one but I'll try swapping them over tomorrow or may I need to unplug the cd changer from the back of the head unit coz it still gas power who knows it's dark and I'm being eaten alive by mozzies

Edited by Mr2low

Done, swapped to the jap radio unit that was floating around in the boot worked straight away

• Like 1