Sign in to follow this  
RustyItalian

BNT brake pad experience?

Hey

The last brake pads I bought were for my E39 from BNT. Can't remember what they were but they were around $150 and from one of the well known brands (bendix, mintex, not sure)

Unfortunately the dealer put shitty disks and pads on my E61 before I bought it. 8000km later they are warped, they squeal and the pads are very dusty. All I can make out is that the pads are red and have 'racer' written on the back. May as well have 'Chinese crap' written on them.

OEM disks and pads are out of my budget right now so I'm planning a skim and new pads. I am well aware they will warp again, this is just an interim measure.

BNT quoted me around $60 the other days for their own branded pads which they state are ceramic technology. This sounds very cheap to me, does anyone have any experience with these our are they junk?

Seems a lot of places nowadays are selling their own branded items, which screams out to me they are junk?!

Richard

Have had bendix ultimate. Great on track yet no squel when cold. Cost like 240 for a set though

Sent from my GT-I8160L using Tapatalk 2

Just had a dig around the Bendix website and determined I used Bendix General CT pads. This car is 100% street driven so I have no need for high performance pads. I'll pop in to BNT tomorrow and bully them to source these instead of pushing their in-house brand.

Used ultimate also. Not that great when brakes are cold.but awesome when they heat up. 240 was I paid iirc

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk