Sign in to follow this  
vanossa

Can anyone help.....?

Hi. This noise is bugging me and I thought I'd ask the forum to help with identifying it, before I take it for a check up at a mechanics. I did post this same question recently, but not sure if it was readable or if I was just unlucky that no-one viewed the post?? The link below is a youtube clip, as it was the only way I could load the data.

Thanks in advance. Please listen with earphones for maximum quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLGc5MiWvVs

Too many noises. What one was it?

Too many noises. What one was it?

Good call. It's the noise every second or so that resembles a hammer banging on a pipe in the distance. It's constant in the time frame of the clip, but only audible at certain angles/shots with the phone cam. Sorry for the quality. If no one can help with this clip, I'll post another when I get the opportunity. Cheers.

Is it a manual? Try putting the clutch in and see if it still does it

Is it a manual? Try putting the clutch in and see if it still does it

93' 325i Auto (360kms)

Can you hear where in the engine bay it is coming from. Maybe the front of the aircon pump?

Can you hear where in the engine bay it is coming from. Maybe the front of the aircon pump?

Ok...possible aircon pump?..... I have tried to find out which side or where in the engine bay, but been unable to. On the first start ups of the day is when the engine bay is the noisiest too. When it's warmed up the sound that I hear has gone...... It's a bit of a bugger really :blink: It's noticeable inside the car with doors shut driving out to the road in the mornings. And right at the very end of this clip you can hear it for 2 seconds after I have shut the bonnet? I may re-post this query again with some better analysis and recording.

Edited by vanossa