Sign in to follow this  
aliluya

E46 Coupe parts on Compact.

My brother has sold his car and is giving me some parts for free and i'm wondering whether they fit in my car or not. He has an E46 330Ci Coupe facelift and i have an E46 2004 Compact.

Does anyone know the answers for these:

Will the rear strut brace fit in my E46 Compact ?? I know for a fact the front one is the same.

How about the beilstein PSS9 full suspension kit will it bolt onto my car?

The remus muffler for the 330Ci would it fit onto my car and also would it be beneficial? Or would it be tooo free flow and i'll lose a lot of power?

Just a stab in the dark here but im guessing that the muffler would be a waste of time from the size aspect under the car ?? from memory youve got the valvetronic 318 dont you?? cant see how that would work as a positive with the 330 setup.

Ive had a quick look at Bilstein.com and that didnt even help but im going to sugest that they wont fit either.... Im looking into this just out of interest, even so you could sell them over here as they are a fine kit :ph34r:

I've been told by a muffler guy that the exhaust would definitly be beneficial.

I still need to know if the suspension will fit .....

RE the muffler .. what size engine you running ? I wouldnt stick a 330 3ltr specific muffler on anything less than a 2.5ltr... back pressure will be an issue long term.

suspension will be fine ...

I have spoken to an expert and they said that it will be good for my car with that muffler and my car is an 1.8 ...

He said that it'll make my car go a little bit faster because my current muffler is actually quite restrictive it's in fact a crossflow? or something like that ..

Edited by aliluya

yeah itll be fine .. but lack of back pressure on a N/A long term can end up turning making your car blow blue smoke.

just from past experience of owning jappas that did this.

Just another thing to add to your list of sh*t to research, How is it going to affect your new car warranty? Im pretty sure changing suspension and exhaust etc will void it, so hold on to your stock parts so you can do a quick change back to standard if required?

It wouldn't affect it much overall ... it goes under cause and affect ...