Sign in to follow this  
reelGOOD

Airbag light on e39. Help needed!

Hey guys,

Car has been sitting around for months as Ive been driving another for work. Battery went flat and in the process of removing it and charging the airbag light has come on. Went to get a warrant without thinking about it and of course failed...

Does anyone here in Auckland have a code reader and would be able to help me get rid of it and avoid daylight robbery at BMW?

Thanks in advance!

Give Ray a call at HellBm on Monday - he will sort you out quick smart :)

0212HELLBM www.hellbm.com

Actually I bought one of those code readers, waiting for the bloody thing to turn up.

Oddly a number plate can be manufactured and mailed from Germany to arrive well before any sight of a locally stocked product. You're welcome to use it if/when it does arrive though, I don't imagine I'll get much use out of it beyond finding out why mine is on as well...

Well what do you know. This little gig turned up this morning. If you're not already sorted you're welcome to drop by and use it.

Rod 0275366468

Hey mate, my E36 M3 is hesitating slightly and I was wondering if maybe you could put your reader on my vehicle to see if anything shows up? I'm in Auck..?

Well what do you know. This little gig turned up this morning. If you're not already sorted you're welcome to drop by and use it.

Rod 0275366468

Sorry. Missed this. Anyone local is welcome to drop by and pick this up for use. Its a cheapy from tm but worked well on my e34. I forget the model# rs-800 or something similar. Theyre still advertised on tm but I figure its a bit of a waste for the amount of use they have. $60 new ive no problem lending it out though.

It will determine airbag fault and reset. Obviously the fault should be fixed when determined and then reset after. But anyone wanting to tackle whatever fault they have is welcome to it.

Airbag fault code reader and resetter only. It has no other function. From memory its good for bmw up to 2004.