Sign in to follow this  
mainframe.

Where to service. Nth shore AKL

Hi everybody,

As per thread title, looking for your recommendations on a good place to get a full service on my BMW on Aucklands north shore.

I have a e36 328i with ~200kms. Would like to get her a full health check up and what things I should be looking at doing at a BMW of this vintage and kms. Can do things myself have worked on cars for years but am now at a point where my job no longer warrants the time to do it and I can afford professionals to do it for me.

Any help greatly appreciated, and have thoroughly enjoyed reading these forums for many years. Great community here.

Hi everybody,

As per thread title, looking for your recommendations on a good place to get a full service on my BMW on Aucklands north shore.

I have a e36 328i with ~200kms. Would like to get her a full health check up and what things I should be looking at doing at a BMW of this vintage and kms. Can do things myself have worked on cars for years but am now at a point where my job no longer warrants the time to do it and I can afford professionals to do it for me.

Any help greatly appreciated, and have thoroughly enjoyed reading these forums for many years. Great community here.

Burger's Motor Works in Currys Lane, off Wairau Road. The owner is very highly regarded and his rates are reasonable. My experience with Burgers has been very good.

Edited by RobD

Lots of places..

Bavarian Motors, Wairau,

Bellas Motor Works, around constellation,

Ray @ Hellbm, Silverdale..

Would recommended Hellbm as I go there regularly for my bmw, and top notch work and attitude..

Bellas I have had trouble with in the past, but varied opinions on all levels.

Go for somewhere that looks at the car, not at your wallet :)

For the straight and narrow routine maintenance I would vouch for Burger's as he knows his stuff and his rates are more than reasonable. He wont suggest you throw a V10, 6 speed manual in there. He will get your car running at 100% for what it is. He is close to my work otherwise I would go to Ray.

Ray is awesome. I would use Ray if he was closer to me. He may suggest throwing in a V10 6 speed manual in there, with a wry smile no less. 100% is not enough for Ray whatever it is.

:blink: