Sign in to follow this  
728besitzer

brake pads

crikey...seems very quiet on this forum...

can anyone advise where to obtain the best priced brake pads for a 7 series? either factory original or quality alternative. NOTHING made in China or Brasil etc.

with regards to brak pad sensors... if one replaces the pads before the sensors are activated do you need new sensors replaced at the time of new pad replacement? or are the 'old' sensors still good to go?

cheers

crikey...seems very quiet on this forum...

can anyone advise where to obtain the best priced brake pads for a 7 series? either factory original or quality alternative. NOTHING made in China or Brasil etc.

with regards to brak pad sensors... if one replaces the pads before the sensors are activated do you need new sensors replaced at the time of new pad replacement? or are the 'old' sensors still good to go?

cheers

For something decent but reasonably priced you could try Race Brakes on New North Road in Auckland. BMW will naturally charge a lot but then the factory pads are pretty good. Race Brakes stock plenty of European brands if that's what you're after.

Depends if you want to buy local or not.

BNT do Mintex which are a good OEM alternative, and Bendix Ultimates.

Euroitalian or Milland would probably have something.

Race Brakes will probably have more performance orientated pads rather than OEM spec stuff.

Might save a little bit ordering overseas from Pelican Parts etc if you dont mind waiting

Yes you can re-use your sensor in this case

Thanks. I am trying to free myself from the shackles of having to pay the Newmarket BMW guys twice the amount for parts that cost half the price at a main dealer in europe. And since many companies supply parts that are then branded 'BMW' then there must be more economical options available. I dont mind paying extra for local but when brake pads cost $300in europe at any BMW dealer for a full set but $600 in Newmarket BMW...then that is almost criminal.

Have you used any european (british or german) parts suppliers that ship to NZ? And has your experience with Pelican or Milland been favourable?

Thanks

A Jurid OEM front and rear pad set incl shipping would be approx $300NZD from Pelican Parts, so yeah 1\2 price.

Ive used random ebay sellers in Europe before but mainly Pelican Parts. Orders from US usually only take 1 week to arrive. Every supplier i have dealt with local or otherwise has been fine.

Go to race brakes, I just got a set of rears for $75.00 that are equal to or better than oem. I believe they said they could do a similar compound front for not crazy money too...certainly less than $300 all up...

Certainly popping in and discussing with them can't hurt?

If you say the guy with the yellow e36 m3 sent you he might recall the rear pad he sold me...