Sign in to follow this  
Nic325i

6 Speed

Guest Andrew

ahh - i thought it was the other black one for sale.

That means there is at least 3.

Funny that.

I just wrote a 8808 NCEA reading response for a magazine article. I picked Cains article for an example and I stated that theres only one in the country.

My bad

Mine is the only 540iSLtd (or more correctly 540LE) and 1 of 70 in the world.

There are a number (at least 4, I know of) 540iS in NZ, 3 Dark Blue and a black that I saw in Invercargill a couple of years ago.

Whilst being nice cars, they lack all the extra goodies (however, does make them cheaper to repair).

16" were not standard either to my knowledge. Most people have slapped 18" on them, that I have seen.

Let me know what it goes for!

Low mileage and it would be a nice car. Paul, you should go and have a look at it, as it is in Wellytown and tell us what it's like.

Ciao.

Cheers for the explanation. I'd agree that those wheels look aftermarket (Antera?). Given what nice 535's (and even M5's) go for, it may be a bit on the high side at 27k?

Wasnt one of the Avus Blue ones for sale on Trade-in a few months ago for around the $18K mark.

I know of a 3.6 M5 that sold for less money than this....a few years ago.

But there's a couple of B10 Alpina Auto's that are fishing for this sort of money as well.

Guessing they will be keeping their cars for a while...........

there is no way i would pay that given that i would get thousdands and Thousands less than my car......Surely they wouldve had 17s std??I go ahd have a look tho and compare..good ks tho....

Not Cain, but from BMW M Registry. I guess this is pretty comprehensive:

How is the Australian-spec E34 540i Manual Limited Edition unique?

A special production run of 70 right-hand drive E34 540i Manual Limited Edition models was produced for the Australian market between March and June of 1995. These were the only E34 540i models sold in Australia with the six-speed manual gearbox and included all of the standard 540i equipment as well as the following special features:

-"Nurburgring" chassis from the European-market E34 M5 with Electronic Damping Control (EDC), larger anti-roll bars and firmer shocks

-8x17-inch M System II wheels with 235/45ZR17 tires

-ASC+T traction control

-model badge delete

-Shadowline exterior trim

-sport seats

-graphite bird's eye maple wood trim

-M-Technic four-spoke airbag steering wheel

-illuminated M leaher shift knob

-silver plaque under the parking brake handle with each car's number in the edition of 70

The E34 540i Manual Limited Edition was officially offered in only the following exterior colors: Alpine White III (300), Calypso Red metallic (252), Arctic Silver metallic (309), Cosmos Black metallic (303), Techno Violet metallic (299), Tobago Blue metallic (256), Petrol Mica (305). In addition, there were three examples in Orient Blue metallic (317), two examples in Oxford Green metallic (324) and one example in both Ascot Green metallic (353) and Arctic Grey metallic (269). Interior colors and trim were limited to a choice of Anthracite M cloth/Amaretta suede, Silvergrey M cloth/Amaretta suede, Black leather, Silvergrey leather and Bi-Color Black/Silvergrey leather.

That is a pretty comprehensive list of variations, mine does have Cruise control, self levelling suspension and doesn't have the plaque (however it is #46).

Great cars. The standard 540iS is still a magnificent car.