Sign in to follow this  
nz320i

aircon removal

is it sweet to rip my air con out with no worries, ive already chopped the belt, just wanna get rid of the ugly alternator thingy that makes it go and the tubes in the engine bay.

I read somewhere old air con filters have really harmful bugs and sh*t in them????

Guest Andrew

probably not the best idea to tell people you vented any R12 to the atmo - ..

but just don't breath any in and you'll be right.

LOL you've scared me now. maybe i will leave it as is, besides the wieght of it probably isnt heaps

Was it still working? If it was, just go to your friendly auto aircon shop and ask them to degass it for you. They shouldn't charge too much.

If it wasn't, just remove it, but gently undo the pipes as there may be some residual gas in it, and it freezes when it comes out at high speed, can freeze your hand if it comes in contact with it.

Just a random point:

I was reading that CFC don't do sh*t to the ozone layer, at first I just though it was some nut jobs but they have some decent science behind it. They're 4 times heavier than air, the hole is over antarctica while most CFC come from Northern Hemisphere. Also, ozone is naturally being continously being created and destroyed by the sun. Hence the hole over antarctica, it gets bigger during winter when there isn't as much sun falling in the earth.

Weird huh?

ohhh sh*t!!!!

its kinda serious then i dont wanna freeze my hand LOL :lol:

no it wasnt working and for a while the blue back light on the button worked but that stopped going as well, ill see what the air con place says.

i also have a bit of surface rust seriously the size of 1mm x 1mm but i dont know what to do with it as i dont want it to get worse???