Sign in to follow this  
dave

yet another...

That is hot.... I would love to have that sitting in my shed when it turns 20....

A lot of potential there. Damn, I'm tempted... 2 M3's....

Super rare if it checks out to be a genuine Evo.

This is ridiculously cheap, I hope it goes to a good home. Not being registered wouldnt put me off driving it occasionally- if it was a second or third car.

Also, don't think twice about LHD.

Ash.

yeah the sport evos had no fogs

thats a badass massive wing though

if you were driving round an unregistered car, (or on a black m325i plate for example) how bad would it actually be....i dont see why you couldnt get away with it. its not actually bad.

What distinguishes an E30 M3 Evolution I?

The first Evolution model was created to homologate refinements to the E30 M3 designed to make it more competitive in its competition guise. The main mechanical alteration was a revised cylinder head, distinguishable by an "E" cast into it, though peak power remained unchanged from the standard M3 at 200 hp (DIN). The deeper front airdam, second trunk-mounted lip spoiler and 7.5x16-inch cross-spoke alloy wheels also debuted on this model. These cars also have the brake cooling ducts in place of foglights. The interior is believed to be the same as a normal E30 M3, with the exception of special door sill plates with the "M3" logo. Exterior and interior color and trim selection is also thought to be identical to that of the standard M3. A total of 505 were built in mid-1987, though there is no numbered dash plaque to denote the special series.

From bmwmregistry.

I'd hit it Gus. You could talk your way out of a ticket or two anyway. I hope someone in Auckland at least has the sense to check it out. Its completely filthy and still looks good. Love the colour.

Ash

16s were optional, and I still think the rear spoiler is incorrect. The VIN number will give it away - should be 219XXX from memory, can point anyone interested in the right direction. My Evo I has fog lights - cooling ducts mainly on track cars, I am led to believe. Door sills don't have M3 on them (I don't remember anyway). Agreed, at $20k, possibly worth it, running the never be able to register risk, but would make a fun track car ... if only I had the garage space.

Note Evo I not a Sport Evo (1990 onwards) but still only 505 built. I know of two of them in CHC, so it is 1 of 503 left!

Is it really a good buy??? when you consider our dollar is about 93 cents in the $ plus shippng to NZ, I'm sure that you wouldn't get much change out of $45k NZ.

huh,shipping? Its already in NZ...

Or did you mean something else?

Ash