Sign in to follow this  
mal6

13 electric

Just reading an article on it but something doesnt stack up .Says it has 125 kw motor 22kwh battery so at full power but you would only get 0 .176 hrs running on full power , half power 0,352 hrs so thats only just over 20 minutes . says top speed of 150 kph so thats 20 minutes at 75 KPH , yet says range on single charge is 160 km . that would mean traveling at walking speed . This doesnt have regenerative braking or a pony motor so what am I missing ?

Energy consumption is an exponential function of speed - not linear as you have assumed.

• Like 2

This doesnt have regenerative braking or a pony motor so what am I missing ?

Yes, it does have regenerative braking and a host of other energy recovery systems - not just braking.

The maximum output of motor may be 125kW, but the rated output is 75kW, and that would only be a full noise - like the power of your petrol engine. In normal driving you would only be using a fraction of the power, hence the drain on the battery would be much less. And half speed does not necessarily mean half power, acceleration would be more the factor and when up to cruising speed the consumption would fall right off.

What difference does it make being DC vs AC? Is one more powerful or efficient to the other?

From my small knowledge i thought ac was more efficient but dc was much better at reverse generation. could be wrong though