Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Quote for 500kva generator

Hey guys I am looking around at buying a 500kva gen set. I have got firms coming in to give me a quote down here in chch but thought out of interest if anybody on here has anything to do with this sort of field up north could throw out some prices i would be interested.

Edited by M-Spec

What n the hell are you planning on powering that would need 500kva???

Should have thrown out a few more details. It has to be sound proofed and will be fixed. Will need to be installed to start on ripple signal and shut down on ripple signal as well.

This is for running only over control periods in winter (around 48 hours in total) . Currently we are drawing around the 433kv mark most of the time and due to the nature of our business cannot just shut down production when control periods hit.

If the price is what I think its going to be (around the 150k mark) then payback would only be 24 months.

Definitely 3 phase , and I would have thought Synchronous over inductive but not to sure on that one that's why I have these firms coming in to look at our operations and quote on the full installation.

We put a 200KVA prime in a couple of years ago. I shopped around and we purchased from IT Power (Auckland) in the end. Turn key install and post sales support. We went top shelf electrical (ATS, Controllers, and Alternator) and chinese assembled Cummins and struck a good $/Value balance. PM me if you want info.

I was surprised at how non hungry some of the traditional suppliers were. Some didt'nt even call me back!

Edited by Beeker2