Sign in to follow this  
nick496

E30 Central Locking issue

Hi Guys

Have a small issue with my 1990 325i Sedan.

From the drivers door, everything unlocks/locks fine (except for the fuel flap, but I know I need to replace that actuator)

However from the boot, I am unable to lock/unlock my drivers door. Every other door unlocks fine though.

-So if all the doors are unlocked, and I try to lock from the boot, all the locks (excluding the drivers) lock, then because the drivers door is still unlocked they go back to being unlocked.

-If all the doors are unlocked, and I try to unlock from the boot, passengers and rear doors unlock but drivers door stays locked.

Any ideas? I'm thinking perhaps the drivers solenoid isn't too flash.

Thanks

Nick

I Agree with you the drivers solenoid would my first port of call should be able to get a used one reasonably priced to swap it over and try.

Found the issue.

Checking continuity from the central locking control unit on the wires to the drivers door solenoid, and noticed it wasn't getting power on the lock or unlock signal.

Traced all the wiring back to the control unit, and found that the guys who ripped out my remote central locking (prior to me owning the car), didn't rejoin the connections from the control unit back to the drivers door solenoid.

So what was happening was when you locked from the passengers side, it sent the lock to all doors through the control unit, but the drivers door never got the power to lock. So after a second, the drivers door says "Hey guys, what are you doing? I'm unlocked over here" and force the doors back to the unlocked state through the control unit.

Rejoined both the power wires back to the central control unit, and all working as expected now.