Sign in to follow this  
Munkvy

Tacho?

E30 325iA, tacho and vacuum meter only work very intermittently? Ie 1st thing in the morning, but within a few mins starts to fluctuate then dies? As its auto its not really a biggy but would be nice to have running.

Whats with the Skylines in the sig and avatar?

My Temperature guage does the same thing - sometimes it'll go crazy and like bounce from nothing to hot and then die for a while...then come back...

My Temperature guage does the same thing - sometimes it'll go crazy and like bounce from nothing to hot and then die for a while...then come back...

most likely dirty electrical connection.

E30 325iA, tacho and vacuum meter only work very intermittently? Ie 1st thing in the morning, but within a few mins starts to fluctuate then dies?

possibly faulty internal board or bad connection between board and gauge cluster.

check my posting here, gives detail of what to look for inside the instrument cluster.

i had the same thing but also included clock aswell as tacho and vacuum meter turned out to be a fuse even though it half worked every now and then which is weird cuz ive never known a fuse to half blow but check it out anyway cant remember what number fuse it is its the on for onboard comp n stuff not ecu

Whats with the Skylines in the sig and avatar?

the avatar is my skyline after a rally and the sig is the Nismo Z Tune, why you ask?

and cheers for the suggestions guys, will have a look at the fuses, dunno if its related but the car has managed to blow every light bulb forward of the engine over the last 4 months, all at different times?

and sometimes the right front indicator wont work either (side and rear one still run, but at double time), but gave it a clean the other day and works fine now?

Hey dude just wondered if your interior lights are fine?

I had mad probs working out why i kept blowing fuses, and it was two wires shorting out on the same circuit, tacho, interior lights, radio (all same circuit.)

Turned out to be ; because there was no bulb in the glove box light holder (light that turns on when ya glove box opens) the wires fell out of the holder thingy and kept shorting , and i kept replacing fuses.

It mad me angry and the day my mate slammed the glove box and my headunit stopped at the same time i finally worked it out! :)

Sweet.