Sign in to follow this  
Arma

Anyone used shipito.co.nz before?

As title says - have any of you guys used shipito.co.nz before to get stuff delivered from the states? Any feedback? How fast are the deliveries?

no, though Ive used www.myus.com for more than a year - I rate them.

What are you wanting to ship??

Just weighing options in case I need to ship larger items (car parts) from the US in the future.

Edited by Arma

if ordering heavy parts, sea freight is more economical .. pm me if you want

I've used MyUS for things like brake rotors, suspension parts; not panel parts.

I've used MyUS for things like brake rotors, suspension parts; not panel parts.

Cool, how long did deliveries usually take with MyUS?

I've used both, used free ground shipping from the company that took a couple of days, then 1 day to process. The international delivery time depends on the method you choose ie FedEx or DHL depending on how much you want to pay

air freight cost is based mainly on weight although volume does factor in. the heavier the object, the more you pay (due to fuel costs for air cargo being very dependent on weight). volume comes into play when you start dealing with large bulky parts (even light parts such as non-flexible plastic trims or super light carbon fibre race seats).

sea freight is based on volume, and has a lot less emphasis on weight, so compact heavy items such as brake rotors, flywheels can save a lot of freight charges. then you have your large volume parts which even though are light, are large. these can be cheaper to sea freight. then you have items such as exhausts and other one piece items which will not physically fit onto an aircraft cargo pallet ... these have to come in via sea.

the only downside with sea is the logistics involved and the wait time due to slow boats.

i can help with logistics. can't speed up boats!

Cool, how long did deliveries usually take with MyUS?

DHL and FedEx Priority: if I hit 'send' on my Inbox first thing Saturday morning NZ Time, FedEx will usualy reach my address Monday morning. It's a four day service - that's just how it works with the international datelines and flight schedules. DHL can be a mixed bag as they hand off to Courier Post.

FedEx Economy: usually same dispatch arrives by Friday, as a 7-10 day service. The $$ saving is usually insignificant.

Four brake rotors run around $160-$180 USD depending on size, with 'premium' discount (20%). Try googling "myus.com visa promotion" to get no setup fee, two years free premium membership (20% freight discount + 30 days free parcel storage), 25% off in your first month.

HTH

DHL and FedEx Priority: if I hit 'send' on my Inbox first thing Saturday morning NZ Time, FedEx will usualy reach my address Monday morning. It's a four day service - that's just how it works with the international datelines and flight schedules. DHL can be a mixed bag as they hand off to Courier Post.

FedEx Economy: usually same dispatch arrives by Friday, as a 7-10 day service. The $$ saving is usually insignificant.

Four brake rotors run around $160-$180 USD depending on size, with 'premium' discount (20%). Try googling "myus.com visa promotion" to get no setup fee, two years free premium membership (20% freight discount + 30 days free parcel storage), 25% off in your first month.

HTH

Hi Olaf,

Does that $160-$180USD include GST, customs clearance and all those potential fees etc? Or is that just the cost of the base delivery fee paid?

I know many people get around customs/GST just because *most* of the time, items get pushed through without a second look due to the sheer volume of imported items, however if caught in the GST/customs cycle, the cost can jump up .. especially when the threshold for requiring to pay customs is at $400NZD which needs to include shipping, so if paying $160-$180 USD for shipping alone, the price of the items would probably push you over the $400NZD limit even if you get cheap rotors/items!

Or does DHL/FedEx handle the customs and duty etc?

Thanks!

Ken

I shop carefully. I don't beleive in 'lucking out' on customs, my packages are costed to come in under the limits.

www.whatsmyduty.org.nz is my bible.

I think the notion of 'sheer volume' is incorrect, most of the shippers are now ensuring the Schedule B classifcation codes for each item shipped, description, and cost, are on the waybill. this info is provided electronically to NZ customs while the shipment is in transit. if one is over the limits, one is charged.

Hope that helps.