Sign in to follow this  
greenalleycat

330d Remap

Hey guys

Got an M57N 03 330d 6spd and kinda sad that it's not quite as fast as my old 330i, thinking about getting it remapped with the Superchips Bluefin. Wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Main issue is the reliability, they sent me a sample dyno sheet a while back and all the new power comes out of the turbo, not too keen on blowing that up early if I can.

Cheers

Aparently Gavin @ High Velocity is the BMW guy to see, wouldn't bother with plug in chips, you want a real tune suited to your car, your engine wear, your diff/gearbox etc

Yes, Gavin offered to give my 320d a 25% boost in power just by tweaking the software (no hardware changes)....

• Like 1

Yes, Gavin offered to give my 320d a 25% boost in power just by tweaking the software (no hardware changes)....

thats a huge jump

you always get gains like that from the diesel cars

the 120d was much nicer to drive AND was faster revving and lees drastic tail of of the power at high(er) revs after the "chip"

Did you take him up on the offer?

the 120d was much nicer to drive AND was faster revving and lees drastic tail of of the power at high(er) revs after the "chip"

Good to hear, thanks. Any changes to fuel economy? And any maintenance concerns - how long have you been running it?

No, not yet.... Might be nice to have 150kW on tap, but it gets up & boogies as it is. I don't find myself wanting more.

And I have many other uses for $1200.....

No, not yet.... Might be nice to have 150kW on tap, but it gets up & boogies as it is. I don't find myself wanting more.

And I have many other uses for $1200.....

Haha that's the debate I'm having.. for $1100-1200 how much do I really want and need to go faster....

Did you take him up on the offer?

Good to hear, thanks. Any changes to fuel economy? And any maintenance concerns - how long have you been running it?

no difference in ecomomy maybe slightly better.I bought the car at about 80 ks chipped it almost straight away,sold it approaching 160k car still on the forum.NZ performance tuning did mine for about $900