Sign in to follow this  
Federation12

E46 Leak help?

Hey team, posting here for any seasoned E46 experts to chime in with a bit of advice before I get my hands dirty on my next day off.

Been noticing the leaking slowly since around the past oil change (its due for another now!), all over the plastic cover on the bottom, and today when I replaced the air filter I decided to do a bit of investigating.

The leak is on the passenger side, right hand side if you're looking in on the engine and seems to start somewhere behind the oil filter housing and leaks its way down. I've attached some pictures to help show where I mean, although they are average pictures as jamming an iPhone down there isnt the easiest thing! (album's linked below)

It's a 2000 320i, m54b22 I'm pretty sure!

When I do the oil change I'll of course clean it all up and check it most days to see if I can see where it is coming from. But somebody might have had the same problem and could chime in

Cheers

http://imgur.com/a/G1RbQ

Oil filter remote housing is leaking. Top hose is f**ked. And who's been undoing and tightening the oil filter cap ?

Oil filter remote housing is leaking. Top hose is f**ked. And who's been undoing and tightening the oil filter cap ?

Sweet that's definitely manageable! Thank you!

And it came like that! Strangely enough. Good thing it's being replaced I guess