Sign in to follow this  

E30: 1988 PFL 320i mt

Selling my 1988 Bmw 320i factory manual.

Keep in mind I'm trying to describe every aspect so you know exactly what to expect, rather than pitch a sale.

The car is NZ New, from memory I am the 3rd owner, however I will have to confirm this. The car is completely factory. The owner I purchased it from had owned it for a significant portion of it's life, using it as a weekend travelling car, so many of the km's have been on the open road. During my ownership, it has just been used as a daily driver, and it's been a great car. It's never seen the snow, it's never seen the race track. It's got the most part of it's servicing records, including WOF records.

Interior wise, blue cloth throughout. Adorned with Pleb spec means manual windows and sunroof, however I wanted this as it's less electrics to fail. Dash is quite cracked, and the head unit has been removed (wiring and speakers still work work). Ripped drivers seat, however passengers and back seats are fine (one small rip in the back seat). Door cards, roof, parcel tray are all still good.

Exterior wise, the previous owner had roof racks on, and must have transported bikes or something along the lines as there are scratches on the roof, as well as the top hand of the back left quarter. Some paint fading has occurred on the passengers side door however this is faint. Hood and front quarters are all in good condition, bar one small dent besides the front left light. Could definitely do with a cut and polish, this would help the paintwork significantly and I will try get around to it. Paintwork would come out nice with some work.

Mechanically speaking; Oil, coolant and gearbox fluids etc have always been changed on time. As such, the engine runs smooth, the gearbox shifts smooth (no crunching, grinding). Timing belts, valves and waterpumps always done on time as well. In the last 1000km's I have done as follows; Breather hose, Air intake hose, tappet adjustment, oil change(incl flush), oil filter change, radiator flush, waterpump, cambelt, fanbelt. I think I have forgotten a couple things as I'm just going offhand.

KM's wise, in typical E30 fashion the odometer has stopped. It sits at 141,000km's (I believe this occurred in 2011 going by records), however the previous owner kept a log book of Km's... Which I have unfortunately lost. I purchased the car at 160,000km's approximately, and have done in the range of 5-6,000km's.

The air-con blower switch has gone, leaving full blast the only option. Central locking works fine, however the drivers lock is stiff (still works however). Gear stick bushings have some play in them. Sunroof has dormant bubbles of rust, does not leak however.

I was planning on keeping this car for a long time, I absolutely loved it from the moment I bought it. However, university has come calling and I would much rather this car go somewhere it can continue to be driven and loved, rather than kept outside in miserable sea-side Otago conditions just being stared at, not driven.

The car is currently located in Palmerston North, however I may be able to meet within a reasonable distance.

Currently taking offers, but I am looking at selling for $3,500.

Photos to come tomorrow.

Edited by 01307

I see two options for you Pat,

Bring it south and come cruising with us.

or

Drop $1000 off your expected price and you may sell it.

Photos will tell the rest of the tale but it sounds pretty rough

I see two options for you Pat,

Bring it south and come cruising with us.

or

Drop $1000 off your expected price and you may sell it.

Photos will tell the rest of the tale but it sounds pretty rough

Hmm true, I'll see how it goes at this point but I am looking for any excuse to keep it so may bring it down with me...

Pending sale upon passing mechanical inspection, sorry buddy. If I get a place with a garage down there I'll pick another one up for sure.

Edited by 01307