Sign in to follow this  
BMW012

Tyres

Hi guys,

ive got a 1995 318is coupe and am looking at putting some 18s on it.

What size tyres are the right fot for this car?

Rick.

a mag / tyre shop will best be suited to this..

Something like a 225/40 or 35 R18 on at least a 7.5" wide rim are the closest to the stock 205/60 R15's

Hey there! I've been working in wheel and tyre wholesale for the last ten years so hopefully I can help with these kind of questions!

The post above is spot on!

Depending on what you'd prefer ( slightly undergearing or overgearing your car ) you can run a 225/35-18 ( -5mm rolling from factory tyre) or a 225/40-18 ( +5mm rolling from factory tyre ) either way you wont notice the difference considering there is approx 16mm rolling difference (of tread) on a new tyre vs a bald one anyway!

I have just brought my first BMW! Its a 1994 318is Coupe, I've just put 225/35-19's on it and they have an 7mm difference and its almost unnoticable! :thumb:

Edited by taz

Hi Taz, I also have a 318is Coupe 1994 model, Black and mint except the roof lining has come adrift! Do you have any pics, would love to see your car. im planning on getting black angel Eyes and clear side indicators, M3 Indicating Mirrors and new tail lights. What 17-18inch mags would you recommend that would look good on my car? Short of cash at the moment but cant wait to do it up! :D