Sign in to follow this  
Family Wagon

Intro for 550i E61 Motorsport and now also E36 M3 Owner

Hi Guys,

Last year I purchased a 2007 E61 550i Motorsport Touring Wagon (fresh import) for family duties, business travel and fun drives. I put in 6FL iPod with BT phone, Westfalia removeable tow bar and 3M tints.

I previously owned Subaru turbos mostly (and track day'd a modified RS Turbo many years ago) till I finally made the move into BMWs. 4wd Turbo is effective but powerful RWD is fun! :)

I got back into track days recently (did BMW adv training 1&2) and the 550i Msport is actually not bad at Hampton (with some pagids and a set of NT05s) and a laugh lapping in the family wagon.

It's my DD so can't afford to break it so I've bought an 1996 E36 M3 as a track project. I've always loved the M3 and impressed how well they still go. My car is high kms so I will have a bit to do and a scary shopping list but it will be a fun journey!

Keen to meet up with others and I usually do the Hampton playdays so hopefully might see some bimmersporters around.

I played around with images and setup a few pics in gallery.

post-51498-0-81664200-1422441361.jpg

Edited by Family Wagon

Very nice, got a E61 as well, that v8 is a beauty for the DD :)

Loving the White!

M3 looks sweet for the track was thinking the same myself for a track car to have some fun

Ok nice, E61 looks mean in black.

I've had owning a V8 Rwd on my bucket list for a while :-)

I'm looking forward to the first track visit for the M3 in Feb, will post how I find it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Dave, I'm in touch with Jaimzthedrummer and he told me about Sunday. I may be out on a boat but if I'm on shore I'll definitely come along.

I LOVE your M3 Project log! I'll be spending hours on that as our shopping lists looks similar :-)

Where did you get your X brace? That's high on my list but I haven't looked at sources yet.

Ok that's a good tip thanks Dave, I'm still figuring out the forums so will post in Wanted when I have my list sorted.

Do you know what the X braces typically go for here? New price from Turner etc not too scary but shipping price sucks...

Yep that's right I get 11 to 12.5 typically in mixed driving. It'll do 8 on open road.

Only takes a couple of heavy foot sessions to push the average consumption up - they suck a lot of juice full song!

Dave thanks for the x brace tips, much appreciated!

Not too bad for the v8! How's the m3? I get a pretty constant 10.2L per 100km from my 3.2L

Yes the V8 can be surprisingly good on fuel if you behave.

Can't say about the M3 consumption as I've only had it 6 days and done 50 kays!

I look forward to finding out, though most kms will prob be round Hampton Downs if things go to plan. :-)