Sign in to follow this  
delema00

PFL Getrag 260

Hi. . Im after a gear box to fit a pfl e30 325i / getrag 260. . And any other manual conversion parts. . .cheers

get a facelift front pulley and move the crank sensor to the front ? Gives you a lot more options, there are very few manual pre facelift 325i's out there.

Looks expensive for an E30, and the E36s sit at a different angle.

A G260 that was used on E30s would be a better bet. I have one for sale that is for a facelift E30 which had the crank sensor on the front pulley. The pre facelifts had the sensor mounted in the bellhousing and some kind of trigger on the flywheel. There s a bit more to the conversion than just a gearbox. Stick with E30 parts to simplify it.

The gearbox in that auction is a 420g (E39 M5) but he said he had another 265g... No idea what he wants for it though or what car it was from.

Hi. . . Thanks for the info. . . . Will research them both , would love to keep it simple and just use e30 parts. . Might even look at a engine conversion if I have no joy. . Cheers

I had a similar project last year: a PFL 325 auto that I converted to a manual. I converted the engine from Motronic 1.0 to 1.3 which allowed me to get rid of the bellhousing sensors, among other things. It was pretty straightforward. E30zone has a page that tells you everything you need to know about it.

• Like 1