Sign in to follow this  
Ace Of Spades

M30 Rebuild

Hello everyone, Its been a long time with no internet but im back...

Where would be the best place to take my m30 b34 for a quick rebuild?? (gaskets, clean up and also a few goodies)

Have had a look around, thought about Taylor automotive but no place has stood out to me so was just wondering if you lads/ladies had a good shop to go to.

P.S

i dont have many if at all any tools and my new pad so cant really do the work here ahaha

im not a millionaire either haha

Cheers

Ace

Tom at Taylors is the man. Have used Taylors for years with all our cars and can't recommend them enough. He doesn't charge enough...

Cheers

Richard

I had some work done at Taylor Automotive. I didn't think it was cheap, but I did think it was good value.

I had some work done at Taylor Automotive. I didn't think it was cheap, but I did think it was good value.

Hi Mike. When you have probably $2.0m of gear (plus all of their stock) 8-10 guys and leasing premises in the middle of Newmarket, nothing is ever going to be cheap. Most of Tom's crew have been there for over 20 years (so that speaks volumes about the place) and all of them are at the top of their game. I personally don't think Tom charges enough for the quality and service that they offer. Tom is an old school engineer and builds gizmos for all the tricky jobs that lesser folk would be stripping out or scrapping (Subaru crank pulleys in situ etc... etc...). Clever bugger and a great guy to boot. Always something interesting on the floor in there.

Hi Mike. When you have probably $2.0m of gear (plus all of their stock) 8-10 guys and leasing premises in the middle of Newmarket, nothing is ever going to be cheap. Most of Tom's crew have been there for over 20 years (so that speaks volumes about the place) and all of them are at the top of their game. I personally don't think Tom charges enough for the quality and service that they offer. Tom is an old school engineer and builds gizmos for all the tricky jobs that lesser folk would be stripping out or scrapping (Subaru crank pulleys in situ etc... etc...). Clever bugger and a great guy to boot. Always something interesting on the floor in there.

Yep! I agree.

I didn't want cheap - I wanted good value - and that is what I got. In fact, I think it was great value.

I did not mean to imply it was expensive, as that was not the case at all.